Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Easy, queasy

It's 11 AM, sitting in a heap of feathers and fabric playing Bizarre Love Triangle on repeat.  80's music is the bomb!  My stomach however, is not feeling too hot.

Made blueberry banana pancakes for the brother this morning, felt like old times.  Chris is home for about a week, then back to New York to finish up his last year at SUNY.  It's nice having someone else at home.  Ever since he left I've felt like an only child, surrounded by the eerie quiet of the empty house.

Life is going great, really great.  It's crazy how everything starts falling into place as you put your trust back into the Lord.  And not in the way you anticipate either.  Recently He's been teaching me to care more about the things that really matter, and less about the things that don't.  I'm at the place in my walk where I'm re-learning what it means to be right with God, to walk alongside Him without expectations or hidden agendas, without doubt.  I've been awakened, gently, from this previous year of being stagnant in my faith, by a Sovereign God whose love is steadfast, His grace unyielding.  I'm doing things I haven't done in years.  I feel refreshed.

(Wish I could say the same about my stomach)

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, 
because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3