Tuesday, August 31, 2010

If it doesn't fit

I tried changing the CF card in my DSLR today, and just about killed it!  The darn card just...wouldn't...go...IN so I tried forcing it in.  Took me a while to realize that as result of my forceful nature, I had bent one of the center pins in the card reader (see right).

My baby!  Costs $200+ to get it fixed by Canon, and up to six weeks to ship it back and forth for repairs -.-  That's nearly half of what I bought it for.

Thankfully, my dad suggested bringing it to a friend's to take a look.  He tried to push the pin upright and accidentally broke it off in the process.  I thought the camera was done for, and not worth $200+ to get it fixed :(  In one last attempt, we tried it out in spite of the missing pin.

Behold, a miracle!  It works again! 

If it doesn't fit, don't force it.  Lesson learned.