Monday, April 05, 2010

Day 1

Day 1 of the extreme oatmeal diet has commenced!  Over the course of the next five days (except for a birthday dinner tonight), I will adhere to these three simple rules:

1. Every meal will consist of oatmeal.
Not the sugary, artificial-flavored store bought oatmeal.  
I'm talking 100% rolled oats.  

2. Only fresh fruits and veggies.
Limit 1 fruit and 1 veggie per meal.

3. Beverages allowed: hot tea or water.
No juice or soda.

You may ask how this decision came about.  Well, my friend.  I was at Souplantation last Thursday evening when it dawned on me that I wanted to do something drastic and daring and healthy, all at once!  YES that's right!  My friend Kevin will be joining me in this quest, although by a slightly different set of rules.

Update: It is currently 2:47 in the afternoon, haven't eaten since my bowl of oats this morning at 9:30.  Cravings haven't hit (knock on wood), and I feel quite full and energetic.  

So far so good.

2 comments: