Thursday, October 08, 2009

The Pretentiousness of Being a Lady


Today's topic: guys vs. girls. Do guys have it easier? Or do girls get away with more? Then there's that whole "girls get special treatment" argument. Snicker. (sad but true) All joking aside, I was meant to be a boy. My parents were going to name me Isaac. Then...out popped I.

Thus, I never quite accepted the idea of being a lady. Mom forced me into frilly dresses by elementary school, and to her despair I ruined them all. Then came the ugly days. The "damn what happened to your face" days. Being a girl is hard, not gonna lie. You know what they say...if the fence needs to be painted, paint it? Well. This fence needs to be painted.

Which leads me to confess.
Sometimes I'd rather be a boy.

1 comment:

  1. I think guys have it easier. less body-image issues, wearing pants is acceptable, pee standing up, allowed to be shirtless.. i cant lie; its great being a guy.

    ReplyDelete